Field Sales Technician
Job Description: Field Sales Technician
American Sanders is looking for a Field Sales Technician. The selected candidate would meet prospective new customers as well as existing customers via social media, through our current distribution network, at trade shows or general prospecting. Daily sales calls, onsite demonstrations, training support, and other sales-related duties to be performed on an as needed schedule. A company vehicle will be provided.
About American Sanders
American Sanders began in 1903 as The American Floor Surfacing Machine Company and built the first floor sanding machine on record with the U.S. Patent Office. One hundred years later, American Sanders remains the worldwide leader in the design and production of wood floor sanders and edgers for the professional contractor as well as the do-it-yourselfer. Today we continue this heritage with innovative equipment designs focusing on performance, reliability and user ergonomics while furthering our investments in state-of-the-art product testing facilities, quality enhancement processes and upgraded production methods.
Physical Territory: Nevada, Arizona, California
Periodic travel to trade events and company headquarters in North Carolina may be required.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Development and coordination of marketing strategies
- Promotion of American Sanders products and services to prospective and existing clients
- Delivery of interactive sales presentations on products and services
- Participation in ongoing sander training schools, seminars, and trade shows as needed
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak publicly with confidence and poise
- Keen sense of self-motivation, dignity and resolve
- Bilingual is preferred
- Military experience in lieu of college is a plus
- You are a people person
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Overnight travel is required 40% of the work week
- BA/BS preferred
- Construction or other skilled trade experience preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Average first year income range: $40,000 – $65,000 (Base Salary plus commission and bonuses)
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free health screenings
- Wellness programs reimbursement.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program, matched by American Sanders
- Access to the latest technology, such as laptops, smart phones and tablets that will help you reach your earnings goals more quickly and efficiently.
Additional Job Details
- Typically Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
- This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable; more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible; enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented; enjoys focusing on the details of work
- Achievement-oriented; enjoys taking on challenges, not afraid to fail
- This Job Is: A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply, A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more, Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Company’s website: www.americansanders.com
- Company’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/americansanders
- Bi Lingual is a preference but not a requirement
How to apply: Send email to: Mike.Farrell@americansanders.com